Tuesday 10 March 2009

Wittering and Some Photos..

A photo from a visit to Bovington Tank Museum last year, with MiniPeeler indicating what he thinks of Grey uniformed intolerant oppressors. Long may such an attitude be prevalent in this Realm of ours.

Blimey, it's been a week since my last post. Time fly's by doesn't it. Mind you, the good thing, as I've realised, with a Blog, is that you can do just as much as you like..and as little as you like too, as you feel. There is no pressure from anyone, and no rush with anything. Laid back and pleasant really.
Been on with painting another unit of Village Mob this last week, and they are nearly done. I reckon it's then time for some of those Blue Moon wagons and stuff to be glued and painted up, with some civilians to go with them.
Gaming wise, this week I've had a game of "Anima Tactics" with Rich D'Lord, (thanks Rich, by the way!), not my usual bag, but made a change I have to say! It's based on Japanese Cartoon Hero Characters, with a figure for each character, and a Personal detail card too, giving movement, strength, hit-ability and so on. Makes for a fun and interesting game, and it all comes in a pleasant box set, ready to play.
Also, I've had a DBN Quatre Bras game, but sadly forgot my camera (d'uh!) so will have to play it again for photos...which won't be a hardship. Briefly, the French attack went straight up the road toward the cross roads and got itself muddled up through being too concentrated. The Dutch held up well, only giving way after a few rounds from the late forming French Battery. They also held on well in Gemincourt, causing a lot of casualties before being over run. By this time, British and Brunswick reinforcements had started to turn up, but were held up by poor Command Cap dice. As the French pushed through the woods, they took out several units, making it a French Victory, but only just! I'm enjoying these DBN games, easy to set up and play, and I can feel a small campaign coming on soon..
I've tried making my own roads, using various methods...and when I'm happy with one, I'll post it up. Grumble mutter etc...
I recieved a box of books from Poacher, being a fair few Featherstone's, so having a good read and reminice with them.
Meanwhile, here's some pics of random 10mm GdB games, from the dim and distant past..
French Line advance toward the unsteady Dutch..

The Heavy Brigade awaits its chance to charge..

Scots Greys going against the French Line..
Thats all for now, I hope to post up some newly painted stuff soon. Oh, and welcome to our latest, Norman D. Landings, a good wargaming chum and John Preece, who does a Very interesting Blog, it must be said, and is well worth a read.
Regards,
Peeler

No comments: