Friday 3 September 2010

A General Witter.

3rd September. Mr Chamberlain said, on the radio, ""I am speaking to you from the Cabinet Room at 10 Downing Street. This morning the British Ambassador in Berlin handed the German Government a final note stating that, unless we heard from them by eleven o'clock that they were prepared at once to withdraw their troops from Poland, a state of war would exist between us. I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received and that consequently this country is at war with Germany. Now may God bless you all. May He defend the right. It is the evil things that we shall be fighting against, brute force, bad faith, injustice, oppression and persecution and against them I am certain that the right will prevail".
Thank goodness that right did indeed prevail, God Bless those who did their part.

Well the summer holidays are nearly over, and the weather seems to be improving! Odd how often that happens. The family Peeler has had a pleasant week away in Scotland, and another in London, and a good time was had by all. Even Junior Peeler was fairly happy, despite being a tennager. Scotland was laid back, and London seemed a lot happier than in previous years.
As the summer ends, our gaming will soon resume, and hopefully some of my chums will have some new stuff painted up & ready to use, as I have just got nothing done gaming wise these past couple of months. I'll have to be content with dusting off some my old stuff for now...
Amongst the various rulesets we use is of course General De Brigade, written by that erstwhile gamer and all round good chap Mr D. Brown Esq. Well, here's a little plug, in case you haven't heard, there are soon two Hardback editions coming out, available c/o Caliver Books - http://www.caliverbooks.com/Partizan%20Press/partizan_GDB.shtml
H19792 GENERAL DE BRIGADE NAPOLEONIC RULES - DELUXE HARDBACK EDITION, A seriously upgunned and updated edition, 184 page Full colour Hardback, £27.50,
... and ...
H19793 GENERAL DE BRIGADE DELUXE - GENTLEMAN'S EDITION - Gold embossed Very limited edition Hardback for discerning wargamers & gentlemen of quality £39.50.
Well, when I heard the news, I just had to order one, and after not too much thought I went for the Gents Edition. I appreciate that owning one doesn't automatically make me "a gentleman of quality", but at least I can pretend to be one!
Regards,

No comments: